imagemap

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dollar Tree!

I randomly picked up a few things for school while I was at Dollar Tree today!  Sentence strips so friends can practice writing valentines this week, Spring pencils for writing station, chicks for a number game, and mini eggs for an ABC match game...I'm in school mode this weekend.. just wish I had bought more Scotch laminating sheets while I was out!

I am very excited for our upcoming units:
-Community/Construction/3 Pigs
-Hungry Caterpillar/Insects/Spiders
-Gardening/Flowers/Vegetables
-Zoo/Ocean/Summer! 


"Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes" unit is going very well!
As a group, our focus was listing characters in the story this week for literacy.  For math, we practiced counting sets with all sorts of valentine candy! Jack and the Beanstalk on Friday was a hit... We read one version, went over characters and vocab cards to the story, listed the characters, then we found another version from our library. We looked at the illustrations and compared it to the version we read.  Students drew what they would buy with the beans on paper leafs (we are making a giant bean stalk in science center!)....and for math we counted sets of jellybeans!  annnd we planted bean seeds! I love it when a whole day just ties together!   Will have to post photos of our Princess and the Pea counting/art activity soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment